In the last three years, 164 people increased their income, 131 of whom did so via job placement
CCL’s Employment Coaching and Placement program focuses on both employment attainment and career coaching; therefore, CCL occupies a distinctive place in the workforce development system, building client capacity to engage vocational and occupational pathways to high quality, living wage jobs. CCL focuses on the first job needed to transition out of under- or unemployment and the subsequent jobs needed to attain a living wage position. CCL accommodates the length and intensity of services needed by layering funding to ensure all who desire to transition out of under- or unemployment can access services.
One on One Employment Coaching:
- Discovery Session – Tools for Opportunities (Career Preparedness)
- Assessment and exploration of skills, abilities and career interests
- Facilitating the development of participants’ employment visions, outcomes, action plans and accountability structures
- Mobilization and application of resources to the employment action plans as agreed, inclusive of:
- Resume & Application Review, Job Search Assistance & Interviewing Practice and Preparation
- Access to innovative partnerships and programs, including Chicago Transit Authorities’ Second Chance Program
- Computer User Support Training Program
- Job Club and Direct Placement into Job Opportunities
- Access and connections to pro-bono and specialized resources around identity certifications, licenses, entrepreneurial opportunities and small business support.