CCL is offering a free Computer User Support Training Program that will prepare adults for IT careers starting in positions such as Help Desk Associate, User Support Technician, or Installation Technician!
Are you looking for a new job or even a new career? Do you want a line of work that pays well and offers great opportunities for advancement? Do you have some experience and or knowledge in IT, and would like to continue to strengthen your skills by obtaining our CompTIA A+ Certification?
This program will prepare adults for IT careers starting in entry-level positions such as Help Desk Associate, User Support Technician, or Installation Technician while supporting them in setting and achieving their Financial, Employment, and Training Goals through a comprehensive coaching-led approach.
You will be provided with baseline education, accessibility to products and tools to work on your financial goals, IT technical skills, and certification necessary to enter the IT field and/or continue on the IT career pathway.
Participants who enroll in our classroom-based program learn material to help them successfully pass the CompTIA A+ certification exams, a standard certification for help desk and desktop support computer technicians.
What accepted applicants receive:
• Approximately 450 hours of hands-on training covering Accenture’s Computer User Support Curriculum (192 hours), and CompTIA A+ certification preparation (256 hours)
• Career Coaching including: one on one career assessment, goal-setting, action-planning, resume and application review, job search support, interview practice, and connection to employers in the field.
• Financial Coaching including: financial assessment, balance sheet, budget and credit report review, access to innovative financial products and financial club
• FREE tuition, e-books, and learning materials.
• 4- CompTIA A+ Certification exam payment vouchers.
• Connections to advanced training and education
What the training covers:
• Basic Digital Literacy education
• Professional soft skill development.
• Build/Understand a computer from parts.
• Install software / troubleshoot problems.
• Setting up computer networks.
• CompTIA A+ certification preparation
Enrollment is now open for Track 1, Bridge Education Program and CompTIA A+.
Bridges to Careers – Computer User Support Information Technology Program includes:
- Employment Coaching, including:
- Assessment and exploration of skills, abilities and career interests within the Computer User Support job field
- Facilitating the development of participants’ employment visions, outcomes, action plans and accountability structures
- One-on-One Coaching with the Business Solutions Coach to assist you on your job search in the IT industry through networking events, interviews, internships, IT Clinical days to get hands on experience in the field, and job leads
- Resume & Application Review, Job Search Assistance, Support connecting to employers in the field, and Interviewing Practice and Preparation
- Financial Coaching, including:
- Combined Financial assessment, including establishing and reviewing budgets, balance sheets and credit reports.
- Access to innovative financial products, including credit building loans, IDAs, secured credit cards
- Financial Club and Banking Days
CompTIA A+ instruction to prepare you to take the CompTIA A+ Certification Exams 901 & 902
- A 17 week A+ class with instruction and simulated labs designed to prepare you to take the CompTIA A+ 901 and 902 exams to receive CompTIA A+ Certification
- Classroom instruction with components include CompTIA A+ Complete Courseware by gtslearning, as well as supports via CISCO’s IT Essentials Curriculum, and Accenture’s IT ready Curriculum with a focus on Computer User Support job skills